Monday, October 4, 2010

The Written Universe Will Go On

Good evening constant reader,

I apologize for not posting anything sooner.
On August 11th, my son Evan was involved in a serious auto wreck.  He was unconscious from the time he was taken to the hospital and never regained consciousness.  He seemed to be improving and after a month in the hospital was transferred to a nursing home.  At that point, the doctor was telling us it was between Evan and the man upstairs as to when he would come out of his coma.
On the morning of September 14th, he passed away. 
His brain had herniated and was slowly swelling and ended up pressing on his respiratory center and that was what took his life.  There were no symptoms to warn what was happening and the injury was such that it was undetectable by CT scan or MRI.
My son's viewing and funeral was attended by between 300-500 people.  He touched more lives in his 23 years than people 4 times his age ever do.
Evan I will miss you for the rest of my life.
I love you my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment