Wednesday, December 12, 2012
13 Questions With...Charlaine Harris
The sense that all things are possible.
2. Do you have any phobias? If so, what are they?
I am queasy about anything to do with eyes. I can’t watch movies in which people receive eye injuries.
3. Are you a collector of anything and if so, what?
Yes, I collect Charlotte Rhead pieces. She was a pottery designer whose finest moments were in the 1920s and 1930s.
4. You're about the walk the Green Mile - what do you have for your last meal?
Hmm. Fried green tomatoes, fried okra, country fried steak. Sensing a theme?
5. What is your favorite cookie?
They’re called thumbprints. It’s a shortbread cookie with a thumbprint in the middle that you dab with plum jam. Then you embed a pecan half in the jam and bake them, then dust them with powdered sugar.
6. Who is your favorite author?
Impossible to narrow this list to one.
7. What musical artist are you currently into?
Yo Yo Ma.
8. Have you ever had an imaginary friend? If so, who are they?
9. What's your favorite word?
10. What is your current desktop wallpaper?
I used to have a beautiful fall scene, but now it’s plain.
11. You're at a Chinese buffet - what goes on your plate?
General Tso’s chicken, egg rolls, rice, sweet and sour soup.
12. You may plant your dream garden What's in it and what does it look like?
I never dream of gardens. I used to love roses and planted many of them, but they take a lot of work and love. I saw some fantastic gardens in England .
13. What are you currently reading?
“The Warded Man” by Peter Brett.