Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A New Face @ The Written Universe


Good afternoon constant reader.

It is my privilege to present to you a new reviewer for The Written Universe, Mr. Dan Breen.
I'm happy to say I've got so many submissions, bringing on a second reviewer has become necessary.
Between the two of us, we can bring you the reader, more reviews.

Without further ramblings, here's Dan to introduce himself.
*******************************************

A new inhabitant to The Written Universe, I hail from parts unknown, (unless you know England), and have been drafted in as another reviewer. So why should I review on here for you, the reading public? Well, the boss here feels that being English, drinking tea and knowing some of the rules of Cricket will bring a more cultured edge to TWU. Well, if growing up reading Douglas Adams, I guess that could count.
If you're a writer and you're expecting a nice fluffy sycophantic review - forget it, go elsewhere. If I don't like it, I'll say so and say why. If however, I DO like it, I will say so, and I will say why. Loudly and repeatedly.

So what do I like? Books that grab me, spark my interest or are different from the norm, something that has had some heart put into it, characters I can identify with. I don't mind what genre you write in, so long as it's well written.
So who and what am I reading at the moment?
Terry Pratchett, Dan Abnett and Simon Sebag Montefiore - fantasy, science fiction and history, I'm not limited to that, if you happen to write/illustrate or letter Graphic novels, I'd be very interested to hear from you and to view your wares.  
*******************************************

So, now you've met Dan.
I'm thrilled he's come aboard. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment