Saturday, December 26, 2009

13 Questions...with Sara Kuhns

 



Good evening constant reader.

I would like to introduce a new feature of The Written Universe, called 13 Questions.

I pose 13 questions to the author being reviewed so you the reader can get to know them better.
(Why the number 13? A baker's dozen? The lucky number 13? You choose.)

Sara Kuhns has answered the 13 Questions.
I now submit her answers:

1. Name one thing you miss about being a child.
The absence of sarcasm.

2. Do you have any phobias? If so, what are they?
Hate flying (in planes--if I had my own wings it may be a different story)


3. Are you a collector of anything and if so, what?
I tend to pick up rocks/stones/interesting things that I find on the ground... and when friends travel, they bring these back for me.


4. You're about the walk the Green Mile - what do you have for your last meal?
Extremely spicy! Yellow Curry Fried Rice with tofu, cashews, pineapple, raisins; a bowl of blueberries and sliced bananas; Turkish coffee or strong iced espresso; if it's my last meal, then I'd probably eat a few Diesel dark chocolate bars as well (because, really, gaining weight wouldn't be an issue!)


5. What is your favorite cookie?
Not really a cookie but I really like the original flavor Bumble Bars.


6. Who is your favorite author?
This can vary... however, I've been particularly inspired by Clive Barker.


7. What musical artist are you currently into?
I love Radiohead... but lately have been listening to a new musician in LA--John Carpenter.


8. Have you ever had an imaginary friend? If so, who are they?
The characters in my fiction seem real to me. I can see how they react to events, occurrences, and situations. When I write, sometimes it feels as if I'm just documenting what I am observing them do... Does this make them imaginary friends?

9. What's your favorite word?
Oh no, so many to roll off the tongue! But phantasmagoric is often at the top of my word list, closely followed by chiaroscuro because I like their meanings as much as their sounds.


10. What is your current desktop wallpaper?
My dog :)

11. You're at a Chinese buffet - what goes on your plate?
Scallion pancakes (made with rice flour), spicy eggplant and bean curd
.

12. What person now deceased would you most want to spend some time with and why?
I would like to meet my dad's mom--she died when he was 13.


13. What are you currently reading?
--Seven Gothic Tales by Isak Dinesen
--Corpse: Nature, Forensics and the Struggle to Pinpoint Time of Death by Jessica Snyder Sacs
--Food in History by Reay Tannahill
--monologues that my older brother wrote
--the instruction manual for my new camera

No comments:

Post a Comment