Saturday, July 20, 2013

Not usual


Good evening constant reader.

It isn't usual for me to comment on something as I'm reading it.  I'm not divulging the title, as I'm not even halfway through the book, and I'm hoping and praying it holds together and warrants a review.
Why you ask?

Because this book, in all my time as a reader of horror, and that's been a long time...has one of the most gut-wrenching, gorge-rising scenes I've ever read, by any author, ever.

Stephen King used to say if all else failed, he would go for the gross out. Well folks, I've never read any thing that comes close to this in a King novel or the work of any one else. It isn't gratuitous, and fits within the narrative. I wondered for a moment where the hell we were going with it, and then it came into focus. Wowee.

Cross your fingers this one makes it's way to the end of the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment