Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Bit of A Dry Spell



Good evening constant reader.

The purpose of The Written Universe is to be able to expose new authors and their work.
However, it can get to the point where sifting through the submissions results in nothing worth reviewing for a while.
This has been my assertion all along: any one and their brother can get published these days, but just because you can get published, does that mean you're worth reading? That's what I'm here to find out.
It is my desire to come across books so fantastic I can't put them down, can't wait to finish them, and can't wait to tell you all about them.

I'm hopeful I have some exceptional books I can publish a review about in the near future.
It's discouraging when you receive books to review and they turn out to be barely readable.
I've been going through a patch like that lately and it's extremely frustrating.

But take heart constant reader, I'm nothing if not stubborn. Every new book for review I pick up, I pick up with an expectant air, hoping I've found a hidden jewel to tell you about.
Hope, she does spring eternal.


No comments:

Post a Comment